Think of on-site interviews more like a discovery tour rather than a tired, obligatory step with paperwork and interviews. Learn five tips that will make your agency stand apart when brining prospective employees into your walls for interviews and a discovery tour.
At the dawn of a new decade, the battle for caregivers isn’t abating. Recruiting caregivers remains a challenge. Agencies that develop a strong caregiver recruitment process will be well positioned to fill their caregiver jobs. How well and how fast you recruit caregivers is critical to your business success. This article shares my best tips on to blow your recruitment out of the water:
- Open yourself to non-traditional caregiver candidates
- How to spot the best candidates for home care
- Best way to refresh your recruitment message to appeal to what caregivers REALLY want (not what you think they like
- Bonus tips on recruitment marketing and the role of your website plays in caregiver recruitment.
Learn how to implement a caregiver mentoring program for your agency.
What Does Caregiver-Centric Culture Look Like?Learn from the successes of a Touching Hearts franchise and begin implementing now. See how you can create a caregiver-centric culture with better communication and caregiver training with the staff. Improve the expertise of your caregivers by tweaking your in-service training. Discover how a workforce utilization survey will help you get more out of your existing workforce. It’s like recruiting more caregivers except you don’t have to interview!
Create a successful caregiver Recruitment plan using a multi-prong approach:
- Digital advertising – Improve the impact of your online job posting
- Face to Face advertising – How to leverage the community events your agency attends to benefit recruitment too!
- Peer to peer advertising – Your employee are your ambassadors and your best advertising. Reward them with a referral bonus and a plan that words for the long run.
- Find the PCA class / CNA training schools in your area and partner with them.
Use this checklist to identify what your agency is already doing and how to improve on its execution. Consider adding a few new recruitment activities to attract more caregivers.