As a speaker at the Hurricane Marketing Boot Camp last week in New Jersey, I was privileged to meet many of owners and administrators of home care agencies, hospice care and nursing facilities. It’s a great place to learn about the industry, its joys and challenges.
Another perk of being in attendance was the chance to listen to fellow speakers. No one can be indifferent to the phenomenal performance delivered by Steve “The Hurricane” Weiss. Steve shares real world home care experience, broad marketing expertise in the industry and a foolproof system to develop referral sources and create power partners.
JC Weber and Kevin Lambing also caught my attention.
The Business Case for Caregiver Training
Kevin is the Director of Sales for Institute for Professional Care Education. He made the compelling case for investing in caregiver training to:
- Improve caregiver retention – Investing in professional development is a very positive way to demonstrate how important caregivers are to the success of the homecare business. It makes they feel valued. This investment is rewarded by their loyalty.
- Provide an edge in the marketplace – A skilled workforce with specialized care skills is attractive to clients who are looking for care that enhances the quality of life of their loved ones with chronic conditions.
Know and Track Your Business Metrics
JC Weber, Director of Customer Experience at Home Care Pulse, explained some of the key measures home care agencies need to track on their path to success. Knowing some benchmark numbers is essential to assess agency performance. Here’s what JC shared:
- $500 is the average cost of acquiring a new client,
- $11,000 is the average lifetime value if a client,
- 11 months is the average length of care provided to a client.
He confirmed some of the difficult statics afflicting home care staffing:
- 60% average turnover for caregivers,
- $2,500 is a fair estimate of the cost of caregiver turnover.
Next boot camp is on October 5, 6 and 7 in Philadelphia, PA. Book your seat now. I promise you experiencing the power of the Hurricane in person will be the experience of a lifetime!